About the Program
Creative Maths focuses on developing each student's joy and satisfaction for solving problems. The program is coordinated by Maths Teacher, Dr Thomas McCourt.
Creative Maths aims to:
- Introduce students to extension and enrichment topics linked to the subject of Mathematics
- Provide opportunities to explore areas of mathematics not included in the junior curriculum, while developing transferrable skills to other disciplines
- Allow students to create and play with mathematical ideas in a guided manner.
Creative Maths will begin in Term 3, 2021, and will run through to the end of Term 4, 2021. It will consist of one 70 minute lesson per week, every Monday, 3:05pm - 4:15pm.
Students will learn different strategies to look at and approach problems. These can be applied to:
- Junior and Senior subjects
- Mathematics and competitions
- Team challenges
- Tertiary education
- Computer programming
- General problem-solving
Creative Maths gives students an opportunity to explore areas of mathematics not included in the Junior curriculum, while developing transferrable skills to other disciplines. This includes a focus on the following general capabilities:
- Critical and creative thinking
- Information and communication technologies
How to get Involved
For more information or to express your student's interest, please email Dr Thomas McCourt at email@example.com.